People encountering the grace of the living God.

May 2 – Virtual Albany Crop Hunger Walk! Click here for information about walking and/or donating!


In 2021, we will continue to fight against the challenges of disease, disaster, displacement and other concerns that leave people hungry. Join with us as we raise funds to help neighbors near and far get the meals they need today and sustainable food security for tomorrow. 25% of the funds raised support local food pantries and soup kitchens, including our First Lutheran Community Dinners. The remaining 75% supports the food related work of Church World Service and its partners around the world.

The Albany CROP Hunger Walk will take place virtually on Sunday, May 2nd.  There will be a Zoom Opening Ceremony at 1:30 PM. You may register for the Opening Ceremony at to receive the zoom link. Participants are encouraged to walk in their neighborhood or a nearby park, etc. on May 2 or anytime during the month of May.

Please visit this link for our First Lutheran Church Team to donate or to register to be a walker.                                                

Doug Siegenthaler is registered and is coordinating our team.

You may also choose to support this ministry with a check – please make it payable to CWS/CROP and send it to the church office. 646 State St. Albany, NY 12203

Thank you for your ongoing support of efforts to end hunger in our neighborhood and around the world!